Director of IT/Policy
- Team: Engineering
- Hiring Manager: SVP, Engineering
- Location: US - Remote
BERA (Brand Equity Relationship Assessment) stands for innovation and inspiration. We created the world’s first and only truly Predictive Brand Tech platform to solve the number one issue in marketing and building brands: the inability to quantify and predict the impact of brand on current and long-term business value. Our solution takes the guessing-game out of brand-building so our customers can focus on the art of building loved brands and outsmarting their competition. On our platform, brand owners are inspired by seeing their brand’s growth potential and how to realize it, and even more by being able to see what the best of over 4,000 of the most important brands in the world are doing, no matter their category.
We are not a research house that produces facts, or a brand agency that tells stories, or a consulting firm that advises on the business of brands, or a tech firm with just another digital platform. We are a SaaS company whose software produces fact-based stories with a quantified linkage to business value through automation of predictive analytics and always-on research.
We never stop innovating our platform to make it easier for marketers and brand leaders to diagnose, direct, and inspire their efforts and financial contribution. Our vision is to make BERA the global standard - in marketing departments around the world, corporate board rooms, and on Wall Street - for measuring, maximizing, and managing brands. Our ambition is to turn our well-funded growth company into the world's only predictive brand tech unicorn.
Who you are
Reporting to the SVP, Engineering, the Director IT/Policy is key to BERA’s internal IT operations, information security and data privacy compliance. We are looking for a dedicated problem-solver who is excited by the challenge of supporting a completely remote workforce across the United States and Europe. The person filling this role must have hands-on experience with managing a company’s corporate infrastructure including but not limited to mail servers, DNS, corporate users and identities, office suites, local and cloud-based tools, cloud infrastructure and security.
This role will assess BERA’s existing data, networking, and security infrastructure and will be responsible for developing and implementing policies to ensure BERA maintains industry standard compliances required to protect corporate and individual data privacy. Required will be an understanding of existing regulations such as CCPA, GDPR, and ISO 27001/27018 and development of a plan to achieve compliances in these areas. It will be incumbent on the person in this role to stay up to date with emerging security and data privacy regulations that could affect BERA’s business.
This person will collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners including engineers, architects, operations and business partners to drive business value through the use of corporate technologies.
This role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective system for managing corporate support tickets. This will require working closely with the engineering team to ensure suitable tooling choices for both corporate/internal support as well as infrastructure/product support.
Another overlapping responsibility with engineering will be to participate and help establish an overall set of operational intelligence tools that can be used to track, monitor and alert on the uptime of BERA’s corporate tools and products.
The Director of IT/Policy will maintain the engineering line of the business budget and will work with the SVP, Engineering, COO, and CFO to track progress against the budget.
This role will review project objectives, create designs, estimate time and costs, as well as perform the work to accomplish project objectives. This role will review and approve corporate technology projects and determine scope and limitations; approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems; develop standards and guidelines to ensure alignment with industry best practices and efficient technology operations.
While initially a single contributor role, as BERA continues to grow, the Director of IT/Policy will be responsible for building a small team of support and operations professionals. Additionally, this role will have responsibility over corporate and product security to ensure separation from security engineering reporting into the product/platform engineering teams.
- Establish effective and automated corporate onboarding / offboarding procedures
- Define and enforce corporate device policies
- Maintain the engineering line of business budget and provide monthly updates to SVP, Engineering on budget status
- Implement operational intelligence tooling in conjunction with engineering team member partners
- Monitor uptime of BERA’s products and critical corporate tools
- Manage BERA’s identities and groups via corporate office suites (Microsoft O365 and Google G Suite)
- Provide timely corporate support to BERA team members regarding infrastructure, corporate tools, account management, etc.
- Establish, use and track SLAs for corporate support
- Work with engineering to establish an Enterprise Identity and Access Management solution that will allow corporate users to utilize SSO across corporate applications
- Analyze BERA’s existing infrastructure, applications, and data storage with a lens on information security and data privacy
- Establish a program to implement policies, procedures and technology to ensure BERA’s GDPR and CCPA compliance
- Establish corporate information security policies for BERA and its employees
- Work with all lines of business to understand and implement their corporate technology needs
- Develop an incident management program
- Work with the executive leadership team to develop a business continuity strategy and plan
- Spearhead a disaster recovery plan with the engineering team
- Ensure that day-to-day technology operations run smoothly and are continually improved
Core functional Requirements & skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, ability to use metrics to drive proactive and continuous improvements
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Information Security and Data Privacy Policies especially related to GDPR, CCPA, and ISO 27001/27018
- Presenting Technical Information
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry technologies and information security/privacy regulations
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Drives the process of innovative change
- Mentor business leaders, engineers, and team members to achieve delivery excellence
- Effectively communicates technical ideas to both technical and non-technical staff
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ years in corporate infrastructure administration
- B.S. degree, preferably in Management Information Systems or similar technology-based degree
- Hands-on experience with administration of corporate tools and office suites
Requires experience with:
- implementation of information security and data privacy policies, guidelines, technologies
- cloud-based tool setup, use, management
- cloud-based infrastructure, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- setup and management of support ticketing systems
- successful SaaS experience a requirement
- operational intelligence tools
Desirable experience includes:
- team leadership
- start-up environments
- marketing industry experience/knowledge, content development, data analytics, big data, startups, and entrepreneurialism
BERAis committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law.
How to apply
Send a resume to