- Team: Sales
- Hiring Manager: Henry Tam
- Location: Remote
BERA (Brand Equity Relationship Assessment) stands for innovation and inspiration. We created the world’s first and only truly Predictive Brand Tech platform to solve the number one issue in marketing and building brands: the inability to quantify and predict the impact of brand on current and long-term business value. Our solution takes the guessing-game out of brand-building so our customers can focus on the art of building loved brands and outsmarting their competition. On our platform, brand owners are inspired by seeing their brand’s growth potential and how to realize it, and even more by being able to see what the best of over 4,000 of the most important brands in the world are doing, no matter their category.
We are not a research house that produces facts, or a brand agency that tells stories, or a consulting firm that advises on the business of brands, or a tech firm with just another digital platform. We are a SaaS company whose software produces fact-based stories with a quantified linkage to business value through automation of predictive analytics and always-on research.
We never stop innovating our platform to make it easier for marketers and brand leaders to diagnose, direct, and inspire their efforts and financial contribution. Our vision is to make BERA the global standard - in marketing departments around the world, corporate board rooms, and on Wall Street - for measuring, maximizing, and managing brands. Our ambition is to turn our well-funded growth company into the world's only predictive brand tech unicorn.
Who You Are
BERA is looking to add an experienced Sales Engineer with an entrepreneurial and proactive attitude. Sales Engineers are responsible for being a BERA subject matter expert (SME) during the sales process, providing key insight around our product, our platform, and the implementation of the BERA Accelerator into our customer’s environment. Working in tandem with the overall sales team, the Sales Engineer will help to educate prospects on BERA’s capabilities while aligning those capabilities to each prospect’s needs to drive both new business growth and existing account expansion. To achieve this, you will need to become a master of BERA’s framework and platform while demonstrating broader expertise in marketing and brand strategy.
This role requires an independent self-starter capable of driving a consultative sales process with our sales executives. We are looking for someone with an established and strong background in marketing, branding, and consumer insights who can quickly become an expert in BERA’s solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Engineering, this role will be an integral part of the broader sales team.
Your core responsibility is helping to drive top-line expansion business growth through partnership with the Sales and Customer Success Teams. To do this, you will:
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) on BERA’s framework and software solution.
- Provide thought leadership to prospective customers on best practices in marketing and brand management.
- Provide key SME expertise in partnership with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals.
- Work with the Sales Team to uncover business needs and develop selling propositions against those needs.
- In partnership with CS, expand existing BERA accounts
- Partner with the Sales Team to develop scope and pricing.
- Help to manage customer expectations during the sales process to ensure solutions are within existing BERA capabilities.
- Successfully execute proof of concepts and pilots that convert into ongoing subscriptions.
- In partnership with Sales and Marketing Teams, develop customer-facing collateral to address FAQs in the sales process, provide case studies on use cases, etc.
- Consult with existing and potential clients to assess and understand technology needs and systems requirements. This will be in close partnership with our Product and Engineering teams.
- Serve as the Sales liaison with our R&D/Product & Engineering teams to develop strategic plans on new product launches and developments.
Core Functional Requirements & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics, brand management, consumer research, or media planning.
- 10+ years of experience in Sales and Sales Engineering disciplines.
- Previous roles in consumer insights, brand management, customer success, account management, sales, or sales engineering.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of consumer research (research methodologies, survey design best practices, etc.)
- Past experience demoing or providing training for software solutions.
- Self-motivated, high energy, detailed-oriented individual.
- Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and deliverables simultaneously in a high energy/fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and experience working with C-level marketing executives.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), sales reports, and CRM systems.
- Periodic domestic travel required.
What You Will Get
- Competitive pay and a fully-loaded benefits package.
- To work remote and still spend in-person time with your colleagues in twice-annual all-hands retreats.
- A supportive and collaborative culture.
- Training in our tool and a variety of analytics and visualization tools.
- To be part of a fast-growing, disruptive tech company where your work is critical to our success.
BERA is committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law.