- Team: Sales
- Hiring Manager: Head of Global Sales
- Location: US - Remote
BERA (Brand Equity Relationship Assessment) stands for innovation and inspiration. We created the world’s first and only truly Predictive Brand Tech platform to solve the number one issue in marketing and building brands: the inability to quantify and predict the impact of brand on current and long-term business value. Our solution takes the guessing-game out of brand-building so our customers can focus on the art of building loved brands and outsmarting their competition. On our platform, brand owners are inspired by seeing their brand’s growth potential and how to realize it, and even more by being able to see what the best of over 4,000 of the most important brands in the world are doing, no matter their category.
We are not a research house that produces facts, or a brand agency that tells stories, or a consulting firm that advises on the business of brands, or a tech firm with just another digital platform. We are a SaaS company whose software produces fact-based stories with a quantified linkage to business value through automation of predictive analytics and always-on research.
We never stop innovating our platform to make it easier for marketers and brand leaders to diagnose, direct, and inspire their efforts and financial contribution. Our vision is to make BERA the global standard - in marketing departments around the world, corporate board rooms, and on Wall Street - for measuring, maximizing, and managing brands. Our ambition is to turn our well-funded growth company into the world's only predictive brand tech unicorn.
Who You Are
BERA is looking to add an ambitious and experienced Consultative Sales Director with an entrepreneurial attitude who will help us accelerate new logo growth by attracting Fortune 500 clients. This role requires an experienced sales hunter who has the drive and intellectual curiosity to apply our cutting-edge predictive marketing analytics solution to a range of industries and use cases.
Ideal candidates are perennial quota surpassing all-stars who choose to be individual contributors because they excel at it. They are typically in the top 10% of their sales class and are continually improving their craft. You have worked for leading companies that help brands understand how to grow their brand equity and understand the legacy brand equity research space and see the potential for disruption. You aren’t just reactive, you’re a proactive people-person who is never afraid to ask questions or roll up your sleeves to get the work done. You pride yourself on the relationships and the Rolodex you’ve spent years developing. You focus on data-driven marketing, and you have a passion for helping clients succeed through smarter marketing. You understand that better marketing decisions come from better insights, analytics, and technology, which can provide a long-term competitive advantage. And finally, you want to be a part of something bigger, something that is changing how global brands measure their impact on the business.
As a rapidly growing startup, success in this role requires taking ownership of the sales pipeline and process, from prospecting new leads, to leading pitch meetings with executives, to negotiating renewals with internal and external stakeholders. Members of the Sales organization often expand their role and responsibilities to include contributing to the company's go-to-market strategy and competitive positioning, as well as helping the organization build tools and processes that enable teams to scale.
The Consultative Sales Director will be a hunter who is passionate about achieving sales goals and has a track record of quota-carrying roles. Our ideal candidate should also be familiar with brand and/or market research landscape, Marketing Mix Modeling or other attribution frameworks, and/or ad tech experience.
- Achieve sales quota by signing new logo deals to BERA
- Open new markets and verticals
- Research, develop, and manage new and existing commercial opportunities through in-person and online events, outbound pitches and nurturing, and inbound sales requests.
- Oversee Salesforce CRM in order to track activities, manage pipeline, and inform strategic decision-making at the firm.
- Help draft sales material including (but not limited to): client proposals, marketing documents, and case studies.
- Partner internally with client services team members, legal, finance, and other internal and external stakeholders to drive urgency and secure commercial outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize data and clearly articulate insights based on audience.
- Familiarity with survey research and its methods (highly valued, but not required).
Core Functional Requirements & Skills
- 15+ years of sales experience for leading marketing analytics or research organizations (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, etc.) or equivalent experience on behalf of a leading Fortune 500 Brand
- 5+ years’ experience leading sales or account management at a software, data, consulting, or market research firm.
- Individual contributors preferred
- Consistent, proven track record of professional success and quota attainment.
- Self-motivated, high energy, detailed-oriented individual with a passion for outbound sales, identifying new opportunities and a tireless work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as listening and presentation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), sales reports and CRM systems.
- Periodic domestic travel required.
- Knowledge and interest in marketing, communications, data, brand, or public affairs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/BA or equivalent; MBA a plus
What You Will Get
- Competitive pay and a fully-loaded benefits package.
- To work remote and still spend in-person time with your colleagues in twice-annual all-hands retreats.
- A supportive and collaborative culture.
- Training in our tool and a variety of analytics and visualization tools.
- To be part of a fast-growing, disruptive tech company where your work is critical to our success.
BERA is committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Interested? Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org